As the four-month series ramps up, participating artists and performers deliver a whirlwind introduction to their works at the 2015 Art in the Loop Kickoff on Wednesday, July 1, 2015, at the Central Library, 14 W. 10th St. They will be introduced by project curator Jessica Borusky, an artist and educator currently living and working in Kansas City through the Charlotte Street Foundation’s studio residency program. The event begins at 6:30 p.m.
A total of 20 presenters or groups of presenters – offering 11 performances and nine exhibits – are featured in this year’s Art in the Loop, which is designed to bring cultural experiences to downtown employees, residents, and visitors and lend exposure to emerging and maturing artists from the Kansas City area. Most, if not all, will participate in the kickoff.
- Singer-songwriter and pianist Camry Ivory: Coloratura, explorations of music and art
- Nick Carswell of the band Carswell and Hope: The Hope Index
- Performance Artist Cat Mahari: Insta-bility
- Visual artist Chris Daharsh: Reflections/Casts
- Photographer Dan Frueh: Down Around the Corner
- Artist Don Wilkinson: Work and Progress
- Artist Jillian Youngbird: A Bear in Kansas City
- Musician John Currey: Broken String Latin Jazz
- Artist Kati Toivanen: Lacey Petticoat on Petticoat Lane
- Textile artist Krista Jo Mustain: Print Party
- Dancer Lauren Thompson and sound designer Jonathan Robertson: Downtown Replay
- Dancer Maura Garcia: Everybody’s Chance Dance
- Installation artist Min DuPha: Insta-bility
- Mnemosyne Quartet and Zach Shemon: Anomalous City
- Artists Paige Hinshaw and Kevin Perkins: Neon Camouflage
- Artist Shannon White: SkyWAVE
- The Arts Asylum: Community Tile (community engagement)
- Conceptual artist Tim Brown: The World Tree
- Poet and spoken word artist Vincente Perez: B(lack)NESS and LATINI(dad)
- Performing artist William Bradley: SOLLUS
Click here to RSVP: http://www.kclibrary.org/event/2015-art-loop-kickoff or call 816.701.3407.
Free parking is available in the Library District parking garage at 10th and Baltimore.
The 2015 Art in the Loop series runs through September 2015. Details are posted at artintheloop.com and facebook.com/artintheloop. For more information contact Ann Holliday, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jessica Borusky, email@example.com