The Box Gallery and the Art in the Loop Foundation (AILF) are seeking a talented individual to assist both art programs. The shared position will assist The Box Gallery with exhibitions, marketing and communications. The position will also assist Art in the Loop with the implementation of temporary public art installation and performance projects in collaboration with their partner organizations the Downtown Council (DTC), the Downtown Community Improvement District (DCID) and the City of Kansas City, Missouri. This is the perfect opportunity to gain experience in art administration and project management.
A stipend will be provided at the completion of the internship. We will work to create a valuable experience for the intern that includes mentorship and the development of skills and knowledge that will benefit you in the future.
Arts Intern – Responsibilities
- Communications & Social Media
- Work with staff to create content for websites, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with photo-documentation of art installations and performances
- Assist with Call for Artists and Selection Process for Art in the Loop’s annual curated outdoor exhibit of temporary art and performances in Downtown Kansas City by organizing applications, preparing for Artist Selection Panel meeting, and preparing artists contracts and related materials
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Strong written/verbal skills;
- Be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to take on multiple projects and see them through to completion
- Experience with Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, and event support is a must;
- Experience with WordPress is a PLUS;
- Experience photo-documenting art performances and installations
- Familiarity with Adobe Products
- Photo editing skills
The intern will need will need access to:
- A computer
- photo editing software
The internship can be divided into 3 sessions:
Session 1: Jan – April
Session 2: May – Aug
Session 3: Sep – Dec
10+ hours per week (hours may vary.)
This intern must be able to work collaboratively and efficiently with others and is expected to support events. This intern should have strong communication skills. The intern meets weekly to discuss assignments and progress with staff.
Stipend: A stipend will be paid on completion of each intern session
Apply: Please send a letter of interest, resume and brief writing sample to Ann Holliday, Director of Arts Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.