2018 Art in the Loop Project: KC Plays
Call for Musicians
The Art in the Loop Foundation is looking for talented, local musicians to perform at 3 sites this during our 2018 Art in the Loop Project: KC Plays! The theme for our 2018 project is “KC PLAYS!” How can play elicit happiness, friendship, excitement, humor and problem-solving through the lens of temporary art installations and performances? Play is evident at the base of every truly creative art expression.
Artwork will be installed at KC Streetcar stops, in West Terrace (Case) Park and at the Kansas City Public Library Central Library. We want to bring music and artwork together and are seeking local musicians who want to experience performing in a unique setting, engaging with their audience in a distinctive way.
How to apply:
- Complete the form at the following link, including links to an online music sample or video. Applications without music samples will not be considered.
- Within the artist statement, please indicate why you’d like to perform as part of the KC Plays! Art in the Loop Project and what instruments you would use during your performance.
- Apply here: https://form.jotform.com/DowntownKC/2018-music-app
- Applications are due Monday, March 26, 2018, by 5:00 p.m. CST.
- $300 stipend for one 2-hour performance with breaks. As these are paid musical performances, gratuity/tips should not be solicited.
- This is a competitive selection process. Qualified applicants will be notified of their selection status prior to April 15.
- Musicians must be local. Musicians can be individual or groups. Group size onboard a streetcar is limited to 4.
- If performing in the park or at streetcar stop, musicians must be able to provide their own amplification system. A portable power source is a plus.
- Musicians must be able to perform acoustic-style while on board the streetcar.
- Planned performance times and dates are listed below but subject to change.
- Check out last year’s performers at https://www.artintheloop.com
|West Terrace (Case) Park, 8th & Jefferson. Specific performance location TBD.
*Possible early evening performances
|May 16 – June 20
|11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.*|
|KC Streetcar Stops and/or on-board Streetcar Vehicle||July 11 – Aug 29
|11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.|
|KC Public Library – Perform in Kirk Hall or on the Rooftop Terrace as part of Art Starts at the Library||Friday, June 1
Friday, July 6
Friday, August 3
|5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|The following performance opportunities will be combined with receptions and events are listed below. The stipend, time and length of performance will vary and be finalized at a later date.|
|Art in the Loop – Opening Reception||Tuesday, May 1||6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
|Scavenger Hunt Event||June/July||Early evening|
|Art Walking Tour/Reception||September||Early evening|
|Art in the Loop – Closing Reception||Friday, Nov 6||6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
Applications Due: Monday, March 26, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. CST.