Join Art in the Loop on a tour of the artwork located along the KC Streetcar line on Thursday, September 23 from 4:30 to 7:00 p.m. The event kicks off with a short program at the Town Pavilion (1100 Walnut, Kansas City, Missouri). From there, guests will hop on the KC Streetcar and meet some of the 2021 Art in the Loop artists at streetcar stops to discuss their art! The event will end with a reception at the recently reopened Plowboys Barbecue restaurant at 1111 Main Street.
- Tour of the recently remodeled Town Pavilion Rotunda and its artwork created in partnership with the Kansas City Art Institute and works on loan through ArtsKC’s “Now Showing” Program.
- Guided tour of art along the KC Streetcar line with local artists and 2021 Art in the Loop Art Director Kyle Mullins. The tour will take approximately 60-70 minutes.
- Light barbecue snacks and beverages are provided by Plowboys following the tour.
- Tickets are $20 per person (The ticket includes entrance to the event, tour, a barbecue snack, and signature drink or other beverage at Plowboys Barbecue following the tour.)
- Click here to register or visit artintheloop.com for more information.
This year’s artists responded to our 2021 theme “ Resilient” and include:
- Allison Bowman
- Robert Castillo
- William Dubois
- Hector Garcia
- Smitha George
- Angie Jennings
- Megan Leong
- Brittany Noriega
- Shelly Pinto
- Katrina Revenaugh
- Sheron Smith
Based on community health data and public health and government guidance regarding the Delta variant and rising infection rate of COVID-19 in Kansas City and Missouri, we will be requiring masks at this event and encouraging physical distancing.