Art in the Loop is pleased to present our 2018 Summer music series! A wide array of diverse, local musicians will play their eclectic sounds around Downtown Kansas City, Missouri throughout the summer.
Spend your lunch-break enjoying some music in a relaxing outdoor setting. The following musicians will play in the park, located at 8th and Pennsylvania on Wednesdays, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m, unless otherwise noted.
- May 30, The Sextet (contemporary jazz), located at 10th and Jefferson
- June 6, Roger Pitts (funky vibe with a rock attitude), located at 10th and Jefferson
- June 13, John Gilmore Trio (percussion)
- June 20, Simon Fink (acoustic Americana)
- June 27, Evening Concert, 5:30 – 7:00 Candice Hill Trio (steel drum), 7:00 – 8:30 Cowtown Country Club (western swing)
What’s better than riding the streetcar? How about listening to local musicians play some sweet jams on the way to your destination? Local musicians will play interesting and diverse music on the streetcar and at various stops along the way. Find the music on Wednesdays, from 11:30 am to 1:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Specific locations will be announced.
- July 18, Martha Haehl, Karen Hendricks & Roberta VonFange (folk, rock & roll, gospel)
- July 18, 5:30 – 7:30 Hammerhedd (heavy metal inspired)
- July 25, 5:30 – 7:30, KC Rumba Collective (Afro-Cuban drum)
- Aug. 1, The Center State (folk Americana)
- Aug. 8, Mundo Nouvo (Afro-Caribbean)
- Aug. 15, Pink Royal (soulful pop)
- Aug. 22, They Call Me Sauce (hip-hop)
- Aug. 29, Noah Davis (soul, r&b, British rock)
The library is not generally where you find noise, but Kansas City’s Downtown library, located at 14 W. 10th St., is so cool they are encouraging live music to be performed in their stacks. During Art Starts at the Library on First Friday’s (5:30 to 7:30) you can listen to interesting and worldly music while simultaneously discovering a new book!
- June 1, Amado Espinoza with Pedro Calderon (South American-influenced world music)
- Aug. 3, Twin Stranger (Nick Carswell and Katlyn Conroy)