Join us for the 2020 Art in the Loop Kick-Off event on Wednesday, July 8, from 5:30 to 6:30. The event will take place online as a YouTube premiere with live chat enabled. During the event, the 10 participating artists and artist teams will share insights about their art in a series of 2-minute videos interspersed with updates about the program. We are looking forward to this opportunity to celebrate these artists and the impact of public art on Kansas City.
Register at https://2020artintheloop.eventbrite.com
The 2020 Art in the Loop Project is a curated outdoor exhibition of temporary artworks presented in partnership with the KC Streetcar Authority. The following artists’ works will be displayed at streetcar stops, along the streetcar route and wrapping a streetcar vehicle from September:
- Barry Anderson, Waiting Rooms, (KCity Post Kiosks)
- Ari Bonner, out of sight, but on my mind (Union Station Stop)
- Robert Castillo, Hold (Power & Light District Stop)
- Megan Ganey, So Long & Good Luck (River Market West Stop)
- Ada Koch & Glenn North, Hope & Gratitude (KC Streetcar Vehicle #801)
- Nazanin Amiri Meers, Light Breaks Where No Sun Shines (Kauffman Southbound Stop)
- William Plummer, Mol Mir, Steph Nowotarski and Jason Pollen, Planaria Passages (Metro Center Northbound Stop)
- Jessica Rogers, 36/36 Series, Quilt Patterns (Crossroads Southbound Stop)
- Hubbard Savage, My Dungeon Shook: A Portrait of James Baldwin (Library Southbound Stop)
- Will Vannerson, Shiny Piece of Giant Ginger or S.P.O.G.G. (City Market)
Contact Ann Holliday, Art in the Loop Director with any questions about the event.
The 2020 Art in the Loop Project is made possible through the generous support of the KC Streetcar Authority; the City of Kansas City, Missouri; the Missouri Arts Council; Arts KC; and private contributions.
Project partners include the Downtown Council, Downtown Community Improvement Districts, the KC Streetcar, Kansas City Public Library, Kansas City Art Institute, Union Station, the City Market, and the National WWI Museum and Memorial.